Monday, April 11, 2011

Goodnight Gracie - New State of Mind

I just spent the most amazing weekend in the most "boring" way. I have this new guy in my life and we just spent the most wonderful three days together. We laughed, smiled, watched silly movies, held hands, walked and giggled. I can't get him off my mind. After two months of very intimate talks and silliness, We were finally face to face. Nothing I could have imagined would have added up to what I have had these past few days. 

Between all the complications of daily life and stereotypes, I had forgotten what it was like to feel something without expectation rather than expect something without feeling.

That first moment... That first kiss. It was really something. Being enveloped in his arms and his lips is something I don't know I've ever had with that level of intensity before. 

This man's laugh and his passion make me realize how much I've been missing without him. I never missed much aside from recycling, the joy of fuel efficient cars and shallow emotional interjections the past couple years. And what could this be? 

My goal is to see my reflection when I look into someone else's eyes. I hope this blog will become a way for me to document my feelings and I really hope it will involve him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment